Tuesday, April 24, 2007

#22 2.0 Awards

I chose to look at the Web 2.0 Awards and chose the category Mapping and explored a site called Wayfaring.com. What a neat resource! Partly practical, partly social network, all fun. I looked at a cool dog walking map in Phoenix, but when I tried to go back to it, I couldn't find it. Then I tried the search feature, but the site was really slow to respond and seemed to be having some issues. Too bad, because it seems really cool. People had maps of their favorite places to shop for specialty foods, places to go when visiting NY, and Indian restaurants in San Francisco, among others.

Since this wasn't quite working the way it should I, also looked at Etsy.com which I have looked at before, but I was impressed that it won an award, so I peeked again. I mostly would use it to get craft ideas for jewelry and card making (my hobbies).

No comments: